What are the top five facts, which people should know about your online personality?
- I’m a professional blogger from India. I’m good at making search engine friendly websites and blogs.
- I’m currently running BloggersPassion.com blog and a small SEO consulting firm at SEOBricks.com
- I love helping people with their blogging and seo related issues. I use to get lots of queries where my blog readers ask me questions like how they can drive traffic or make their blogs more seo friendly.
- I have been into and blogging niche for 5-6 years now.
- I’m a simple guy and always try to learn new thing in blogging and seo niche.
How much of being a really successful blogger is great writing and how much is technical stuff like SEO and social networking?
According to me, these days good writing will contribute to 50%, SEO will be 30% and the rest will go to social networking. If you want to be a successful blogger, you should aim at writing posts which went viral amongst your targeted audience. And if you are aiming at making some income from your blog, you should be ready to test different kind of monetization programs at different positions on your blog.
Any idea on how to get traffic fast?
In general, you should do some keyword research around the keyword you want to get traffic around. There are lots of free keyword tools available on the internet that will give you an idea about the potential of that keyword like how much traffic you can expect and the kind of competition you will face for that keyword.
Once you have decided a targeted keyword, think of an interesting headline around that and then write a comprehensive post. You can create some instant buzz around that by sharing it in your social networks. I remember I recently published a blog post around top bloggers earning report which is sending me good amount of traffic and has the potential to be very popular among blogging community.
What was it about making money online which attracted you to this occupation?
It’s a great feeling to earn money while staying at home. You are the boss here and you can do things as per your wish. You can work in the day time or even late in the night. You can even work for few days where you schedule some contents for future in advance and then take a long break. You are not bounded by any particular location when you are making money online with your blogs and websites
You regularly make several thousand dollars per month, what is the top obstacle which lies between a blogger and making this sort of return through their online activities?
I think first of all it’s about the niche selection. You need to choose a niche you are most passionate about and should be ready to write about for long. I have seen some bloggers starting their blogs and then quieting it very quickly. The main reason use to be they either lose interest in the chosen niche or they were expecting results overnight which they did not get.
If you are serious about blogging and making money from your blogging efforts, you need to wait for at least six months and at the same time, should keep publishing quality and detailed posts on your blog at regular intervals.
How do you manage your time to maximize efficiency?
- When I’m working on my blog posts, I use to switch off all distracting elements like my Gmail, Facebook or any other Chat window. When I’m writing, I want to focus on that thing only.
- I use to reply to incoming comments once in a day type.
- When I’m scheduling posts, I use to schedule lots of posts in advance.
- I use to maintain a Google Doc where write down all the post ideas that I want to blog about so that I’m never short of post ideas when I sit down for writing.
- I don’t like to check my account on Gmail, Analytics or websites from which I use to make money every minute or hour. If you are doing, should stop doing it.
What unique information and ideas does your blog offer to new bloggers?
- Practical tips that other bloggers can use to make their blogs more search engine friendly.
- How I’m making money from my blog and other bloggers can also use the similar kind ofthings to earn money from their blogs.
- From time to time, use to share exclusive discounts and offers on different hosting, plugins and themes etc to my blog readers to help them save some money.
- Information about WordPress plugins and themes etc for helping them turn their ordinary blogs into professional blogs.
- Sharing success and failures of top bloggers in the industry and I hope my blog readers will get some motivation from them. Soon I will be writing about top Mom bloggers and which monetization programs are used by top bloggers in the industry on my blog.
What is the significance of guest blogging and do you have any great tips for bloggers who are looking to use it to boost traffic?
Guest blogging is a great tool for both the blog owner and guest blogger as blog owner end up getting much needed content for his blog and at the same time, guest blogger will get the exposure for him and his blog. I remember once I wrote a guest post on MaxBlogPress in the stories section and that guest post sent me few hundred hits within 1-2 days of being published.
- Pick few top blogs in your niche for guest blogging.
- And send your best content as guest post to them.
- Have a look at the blog owner’s guest blogging guidelines before sending your guest post for review.
At this stage do you have any new plans or directions with which you want to experiment?
Recently I took some initiatives and currently working on them. And here are few of them:
- Start capturing emails through Mailchimp, was using Feedburner earlier.
- Start publishing posts which I hope can get viral in the blogging community
- Will look at ways to increase my subscribers base on Facebook, Google Plus and Twitter. I hope social media presence is going to be even more important going forward for any website or blog that want to generate any kind of business online.
- Will try a new theme for Bloggers Passion in the coming days. But I want to test few things before working in this direction.
What motivated you to choose the money-making/writing/blogging topic for your site?
I have been into SEO domain for 8-9 years now and I find blogging niche very close to it. I had been following ProBlogger.net and some more such blog for a long time now. When I started getting some traffic on my blog, I started looking out for ways to make money from it. As I was able to earn money from my blog, I thought of why I should not share the same process to my blog readers so that they can get benefit from the same.
Lots of monetization programs like pay per post or selling links which were working fine in the past are not a healthy choice in today’s web world. Google Adsense uses to the number one choice for lots of bloggers, but for me its affiliate marketing which is giving me maximum revenue.
The internet is a fast-changing place, what big changes would you advice new bloggers to watch out for?
- Google is going to include more social media signals into its search algorithms
- NO doubt, we need to have a search engine friendly website, but at the same time try to keep your blog readers as well happy.
- Video blogging is going to be very critical.
- As the web is growing, you need to make sure you have mobile and tablet friendly websites and blogs.
- Faster loading website and engaging contents will be the key to success for bloggers going forward.